Complete Project Management for your Home Extension or Alteration Project
At Creating Better Homes we offer a complete project management and construction service.
We can help with;
- Design input from the earliest stage, coupled with sensible practical advice
- Access to architectural drawings and structural engineers if required
- Building regulations applications and local authority inspections
- A quality construction service, from first rate tradesmen
- Support through to completion and beyond
What will complete project management mean in reality?
In giving total project management throughout, Creating Better Homes ensures peace of mind to the customer as we take responsibility for coordinating all the trades and materials. An overview from a senior tradesman will ensure quality of workmanship and finish from day one to completion of your home renovation project.
How does Creating Better Homes achieve this?
We employ our own team of skilled tradesmen and are proud to be endorsed by and associated with the Which? Trusted trader branding. We have our own in-house mentoring system which allows talented tradesmen to hone their skills, working alongside more experienced senior tradesmen. To support this, we have a number of handpicked subcontractors who undertake some of the specialised roles and are Gas Safe registered for our gas installations or Part P/NIC EIC registered electricians.
Do all construction companies offer project management as standard?
No, they don’t. Yet we always do, it’s part of the service. Creating Better Homes has experience of managing many home construction projects and undertakes several projects at a time. Our work mainly comes from word of mouth recommendation and tends to be in and around Redditch, Bromsgrove, Alcester and outlying villages as well as Bournville, Kings Norton, Kings Heath, Moseley and surrounding areas.
What type of work does Creating Better Homes typically project manage?
Most commonly these are extensions, refurbishments, major alterations, garage conversions, kitchens and bathrooms. Engaging with our project management service means you can be assured the project will be completed as smoothly as possible. We have direct access to our own skilled men so the scheduling of work can be slick with no lost time. More importantly, the pressure is off you. You are not responsible for coordinating the dates and availability of several trades in addition to arranging delivery of the right materials at the right time, in the correct quantity, organising skips to be dropped and collected and so on….on top of normal life, juggling the demands of work and a family.
If you are looking to appoint us for our complete project management service remember
- You are not signing over all responsibility over to Creating Better Homes. We will need to involve you in decision making along the way. It’s your home, so we understand you will wish to check on progress to ensure you are happy. Stage payments will be requested at pre-arranged intervals.
- Communication is key with this route. You will feel comfortable talking to us should you have any questions.
- Ultimately, when deciding on which contractor to appoint, don’t just pick someone with great ability. Undoubtedly a high priority, but you also need to work with your project manager and the wider team on a personal level. With Creating Better Homes, you can be sure you are appointing a team you will like, can trust and who will fully understand and deliver your vision.
So, is a project managed service the option for you?
Appointing this team of Which? Approved trusted traders is a sensible route if you are someone who wants involvement with your building project but doesn’t realistically have the time to handle all the finer details. Creating Better Homes will make it as stress free as possible, absorbing most of it by managing and organising the day to day. We will let you know in good time as and when we need final decisions to enable the project to flow. Importantly, a decision to have a fully managed process means you don’t need to have any previous experience of building to undertake a substantial project.